MindFlex Chinese Tuition
The Best Chinese Tuition in Singapore
We have a wide-range of qualified Chinese Home Tutors who provide Chinese Tuition for the following:
- Primary Chinese Tuition
- Secondary Chinese Tuition
- JC Chinese Tuition
- International / IGCSE Chinese Tuition
- IBDP Chinese Tuition
- PSLE Chinese Tuition
- N Level Chinese Tuition
- O Level Chinese Tuition
- IP Chinese Tuition
- A Level Chinese Tuition
- H1 Chinese Tuition
- H2 Chinese Tuition
- IGCSE Chinese Tuition
- IBDP SL Chinese B Tuition
- IBDP HL Chinese B Tuition
- Preschool Chinese Tuition
- Polytechnic Chinese Studies Tuition
- University Chinese Studies / Literature Tuition
- Adult Conversational Chinese Tuition
- Chinese Private Tuition Singapore
Free Request For Chinese Tutor
Chinese Tuition Singapore
What To Expect From MindFlex’s Chinese Tuition
Receive Customised 1 to 1 Chinese Tuition From Quality Chinese Tutors
Detailed Guidance For Chinese Composition and Comprehension
Gain Access To Additional Practices and Examination Papers From Top Schools
Obtain Summarised Chinese Learning Materials From Experienced Chinese Tutors
Learn Chinese In The Comfort And Safety Of Your Home
Enjoy A Comfortable Learning Schedule Designed For Your Needs
Gain Interest And Fluency In Chinese
Achieve Your Desired Chinese Academic Grades
Select Your Preferred Tutor From Our Pool Of 9,000+ Experienced Chinese Tutors
Affordable Chinese Tuition
Chinese Tuition Rates Singapore 2021
Our Chinese home tuition rates are constantly updated in real-time based on rates quoted by home tutors in Singapore. These market rates are based on the volume of 10,000+ monthly tuition assignment applications over a pool of 30,000+ active home tutors.
IGCSE / International
Poly / Uni
Chinese Tutor Categories
Engage Top-Quality Chinese Home Tuition At Affordable Tuition Rates
The 3 Different Categories of Chinese Tutors
Ex / Current
Around 1 to 3
More Than 5
National Exam Markers
Made Up of
Made Up of
MOE & NIE Trained
Scored Good Grades (As)
Large Pool of Students,
In-Depth MOE Teaching
Young & Vibrant,
Highly Experienced with
Wealth of Classroom
Challenges Faced By Chinese Students in Singapore
Inability to recognise and write Chinese Vocabulary for Writing and Comprehension
Inability to memorise Chengyu 成语 and Yanyu 谚语 for Spelling Practices 默写
Problems Observing Details In Video and Expressing Thoughts About Video During Oral Communication
Difficulty Pronouncing and Articulating well for Oral Communication 口试
Inability to understand the differences in similar vocabulary and which to choose for 综合填空
Unable to understand what questions are asking for in Comprehension 阅读理解, and how to answer them well
Poor understanding of meanings of sentences in the passage for Comprehension 阅读理解
Finds problems in writing well for Essay and Email Writing 写作
Insufficient content for Argumentative Writing 议论文
Struggles in memorising content and general knowledge about various issues needed for Argumentative Writing 议论文
Difficulty catching important information during Listening Comprehension 听力理解
Poor Time Management resulting in failure to complete examination paper
Benefits of Engaging Chinese Home Tuition
Personalised Tuition Catered To Student's Needs
When it comes to languages, some students are better with certain components of the language as compared to others. For instance, they can be good at conversing in Chinese but poor at reading and writing Chinese words. Having Chinese Tutors design a personalised learning schedule for the student will ensure that they achieve the maximum improvement in Chinese and in their academic grades.
Additional Chinese Learning Materials And Examination Papers
With additional practices, students can become more fluent and well-versed in Chinese. MindFlex’s Singapore Chinese Tutors are able to summarise notes from schools, assessment books and newspapers into consolidated materials for the students to learn. This helps students to save time on finding content and gain exposure to more Chinese materials. Our Chinese Tutors will be able to provide examination papers from top schools and practices for students to practise and improve their Chinese.
Increased Confidence In Usage of Chinese
Witnessing an improvement in their Chinese grades will help students to become more confident in communicating with others in written and oral forms. Being more proficient in their Mother Tongue can expand their opportunities when choosing schools and educational programmes, such as SAP schools and bilingual programmes.
Increased Interest in Chinese
Engaging Chinese Tuition would help students to gain interest in Chinese as they are able to understand general issues and read a larger variety of Chinese stories. With increased interest in Chinese and ability to understand Chinese passages, students will read and watch more Chinese content, allowing them to naturally become more proficient in Chinese.
Tips And Advice For Chinese And Future Education Choices
MindFlex’s Singapore Chinese Tutors have years of experience in the education system and are proficient in Chinese. They will be able to guide students in their learning journey, and also provide tips in how students can better improve their Chinese. Our Chinese Tutors can also offer insights and recommendations for student’s School Choices, Subject Combinations, University Course Selections, and Future Career Choices.
Effective Chinese Home Tuition
Topics & Skills Covered by MindFlex’s Chinese Tutors
Primary School Chinese Topics
PSLE: Listening 听力理解, Reading, Oral Communications 口试, Writing 写作, Composition, 综合填空, Comprehension 阅读理解, Grammar, Vocabulary, and many more…
Secondary School / IGCSE Chinese Topics
O Level: Listening 听力理解, Oral Communications 口试, Vocabulary, Comprehension, 综合填空,Composition, Email Writing, Argumentative Writing 议论文, Narrative Writing 记叙文, and many more…
Junior College / IBDP Chinese Topics
- H1 Chinese Language: Listening 听力理解, Oral Communications 口试, Vocabulary, 综合填空, Comprehension 阅读理解, Composition 写作, Email Writing, Online Diary Writing, Argumentative Writing 议论文, Narrative Writing 记叙文, and many more…
- SL/HL Chinese: Reading, Comprehension 阅读理解, Directed Writing, Classical Chinese, Argumentative Writing 议论文, Narrative Writing 记叙文, and many more…
Constant Chinese ImprovemenT
Skills Taught by MindFlex’s Chinese Tutors
Using Professional Chinese
Recognition of Chinese Words and Phrases
Responding to Written, Spoken and Visual content
Organising Ideas for Argumentative Essays 议论文
Accurate Use of Vocabulary
Pronunciation of HanyuPinyin 汉语拼音
Selecting the Right Option for 综合填空
Interpret Questions for Comprehension 阅读理解
Usage of Vocabulary such as 成语 and 谚语
Time Management & Exam Strategies
Proof-Checking for 综合填空 and Comprehension
Usage of Content for Argumentative Writing
Hear From Other Parents & Students
Testimonials About Our Chinese Home Tuition
I would like to thank MindFlex for helping me find Mr Joseph Tan to help me with my Chinese! I have always scored poorly for my Chinese, so I couldn’t take up Higher Chinese O levels and had to study H1 Chinese during JC. Thankfully, Mr Joseph gave me many tips and practices to improve my Chinese skills before my H1 Chinese paper. Within 10 months, I was able to improve from D to A! Thank you, Mr Joseph! I really enjoyed my tuition with you.
Mr Damon Chia, JC1 H1 Chinese Student
(D to A)
Thank you MindFlex and Ms Jamie for helping my daughter get into the Higher Chinese! Initially, I thought it will be acceptable for my daughter to score Bs and Cs for Chinese since her other subjects were doing relatively well. But after she followed her brother for the open house to River Valley High School, she was quite insistent to enter the school for her secondary education. With Ms Jamie following my daughter up to PSLE, I’m confident that my daughter can enter her dream school!
Ms Michelle Tong, Mum of P4 Chinese Student
(C to A)
Chinese has always been a subject I struggle in since young. Thank you MindFlex and Ms Janice for helping me find interest in Chinese through dramas and storybooks, and for being patient of my slow learning progress. I am quite happy with my results, and even more satisfied that I can understand Chinese dramas and news. The IB Chinese syllabus is also quite unique, I am lucky to have Ms Janice as my Chinese Tutor. Thank you so much!
Mr Steve Ng, IB SL Chinese B Student
(4 Points to 7 Points)
Hi MindFlex, thank you for helping me find a suitable Chinese Tutor. Moving to Singapore, I found that it was necessary for me to pick up basic Chinese. However, I wasn’t able to find much useful online resources to learn Chinese, and I didn’t have anyone to help me check if I was pronouncing the words correctly. Thank you Ms Caroline for your help in teaching me the basics of HanyuPinyin and conversational Chinese. 感谢你们的帮助!
Mr Oliver, Adult Conversational Chinese Student
(Improved Speaking in Chinese)
Choosing The Right Chinese Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A Chinese Tutor
Qualification And Capability In Teaching Chinese
- Before engaging in a Singapore Chinese Tutor, make sure to understand the qualifications and capability of the tutor in teaching Chinese. Has he/she been MOE and NIE trained? Such teachers have gone through a training process that qualifies them to teach students well, and some teachers have also gone through specialised training in particular subjects. How long has he/she been teaching Chinese? Full-Time tutors have been teaching Chinese for years and have accumulated experience in teaching different students from various schools and levels. Did he/she attain high grades for Chinese? Part-Time tutors usually have achieved high grades for Chinese, which makes them familiar and capable of teaching Chinese.
- Here at MindFlex, we will provide profiles of tutors and highlight their relevant qualifications and academic achievements to aid your selection process of suitable Chinese Tutors!
Familiarity With The Current MOE Or International Syllabus
- Check if the Chinese Tutor is familiar with the current syllabus by looking at his/her experience in teaching Chinese. Which levels or syllabus of Chinese has he/she taught before? Has he/she taught this particular level or syllabus recently? Is he/she in contact with MOE or International teachers, and hence familiar with the respective syllabus? It is important for your engaged Tutor to be familiar with the syllabus and teaching the relevant content and examination techniques to your child, hence make sure to check this before engaging any tutor.
- In the profiles of tutors that we send to you, we will include the teaching experiences of our MindFlex Singapore Chinese Tutors so that you can be assured of their familiarity with the syllabus.
- More information about the MOE Syllabus can be found at these links: PSLE Chinese, PSLE Higher Chinese, O Level Chinese, O Level Higher Chinese, H1 Chinese Language
Experience In Teaching Students Of Similar Levels
- Make sure that the tutor you are planning to engage has experience in teaching students of similar levels. For instance, if they have been teaching Secondary Chinese, and would like to teach JC Chinese, they might not be the best fit unless they have other ways to prove their competence. Usually, tutors with experience in teaching students of similar levels would be familiar with the current syllabus and examination techniques. Hence, check if they have a history of teaching students of similar levels.
- Rest assured that when recommending Chinese tutors to you, MindFlex will only recommend tutors who have a history of teaching Chinese to students of similar levels or have high academic achievements in Chinese to prove their competency.
Access To Additional Chinese Learning Materials & Practices
- With a history of teaching Chinese to various students of different levels and backgrounds, Singapore Chinese Tutors will usually have their own learning materials and practices gathered from a variety of sources. This would mean that your child will gain access to other schools’ past-year papers and additional notes to aid his/her learning journey.
- Here at MindFlex, we will make sure to indicate if the Chinese tutors are able to provide learning materials or additional practices for the student.
Devoted Attention And Focus
- Does your Chinese Tutor appear to be passionate in teaching Chinese when you speak to him/her? It is important to ensure that the Chinese Tutor you have chosen is eager to teach and aid your child’s learning progress. Chinese Tutors who are passionate and dedicated in teaching will usually devote their attention and focus on understanding your child’s learning styles. By doing so, they can then craft a suitable learning schedule for your child based on his/her needs and optimise his/her learning of Chinese.
- Before we confirm the tuition arrangements for you and the tutor, MindFlex makes it a special point to facilitate communication between you and the tutor to ensure that both of you have come to an agreement of expectations. This is a good opportunity for you to gauge whether the Chinese Tutor is suitable to teach your child!
Ability to Discover Weaknesses And Teach Basic Skills Such as HanyuPinyin and Vocabulary
- As with all languages, some students are better in certain components of Chinese as compared to others. It would be meaningless to spend most of the tuition duration teaching Oral if your child is already proficient in speaking Chinese. Quality Chinese Tutors will be able to easily discover the weaknesses that your child may have in Chinese and work on those components on top of basic skills such as HanyuPinyin and Vocabulary, ensuring that your child will achieve the maximum learning progress in the duration of the tuition.
- Our MindFlex Singapore Chinese Tutors are experienced in teaching Chinese to different types of students from various levels, thus making them more skilled in discovering the weaknesses of their students. With their proficiency in Chinese, they are also capable of teaching their students to improve on these weaknesses and build their foundation in Chinese.
Previous Students' Testimonials
- Many quality Singapore Chinese Tutors have been recommended by previous students and have testimonials that highlight their strengths as a tutor. To understand their strengths, it will be good to check if the Chinese Tutor you are interested in engaging with has a strong testimonial base. Not only so, this will help to ensure that the Chinese Tutor is safe to engage and able to produce results.
- In the profiles of tutors that we will send you during the matching process, MindFlex will be sure to include testimonials and whether tutors have received good feedback from our clients, so that you may be reassured of engaging a safe and quality Chinese Tutor for your child.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting Chinese Tuition
Majority of the Singapore population speaks Chinese, aside from English. Not only so, with the increase in the use of Chinese in the business world, Chinese is becoming more and more important as a language. Being proficient in Chinese can help you in your communication in day-to-day life and in the business world.
To enter local universities, you will require a pass for your A level H1 Chinese or O level Higher Chinese. If you are able to clear O Level Higher Chinese, you can also be exempted from taking H1 Chinese in A Levels, thus reducing the number of subjects you have to take in JC. Starting early with Chinese Tuition can help you hone your Chinese literacy and thereby reduce your stress in the number of subjects you take and your applications into university.
The Chinese syllabus is similar to the English syllabus, where the examination components are around the same across all levels of education. By engaging in Chinese Tuition early, you will be able to grasp Chinese basic components such as HanyuPinyin, Vocabulary, Writing and Comprehension.
Achieving high grades in Chinese is not an easy task since you will be required to express your thoughts well and write or speak accurately. By having a Chinese Tutor to accompany you in your learning journey, you would be able to practise both Chinese writing and speaking skills.
Aside from a pass requirement for A level H1 Chinese or O level Higher Chinese to enter local universities, you will need a good grade in O level Higher Chinese or A level H1 Chinese to apply for certain degrees such as Chinese, Chinese Studies, Biomedical Sciences and Chinese Medicine. If you are planning to apply for overseas universities in China, you will also need to write an essay during your application process. To ease your application process to the university, it will be useful to have a high grade in Chinese and the ability to express your thoughts well!
Convinient & Accessible Maths Tuition
Chinese Tuition Near Me?
Enjoy Chinese Tuition at the convenience of your home today. MindFlex provides Chinese Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us.
MindFlex – The #1 Chinese Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
MindFlex Home Tuition has a huge pool of experienced Singapore Chinese Tutors who have the expertise to aid students in their listening, reading, comprehension, writing and oral communication skills. Depending on your needs, we offer a range of tutors from MOE & NIE Trained teachers, Full-Time tutors to Part-Time tutors. Some have years of experience in teaching Chinese or have personally scored high grades for Chinese. Our Chinese Tutors have proven records of helping their students in achieving As or jumping 2-3 grades within short periods of time. Request a Chinese Tutor at MindFlex now to witness a jump in your Chinese proficiency!
As Lee Teck Chuan says in Today Online, “Learning Chinese and speaking Mandarin will open doors for us.” With the growing economy and influence of China, mastering Chinese will help to expand your opportunities for your future education and career. Hence, if you need help to increase your proficiency in Chinese, do engage Chinese Home Tuition today!
Latest Chinese News
Chinese Resources From Our Blog
How Do I Find A Home Tutor!How does engaging a home tutor benefit your children? What do parents have to look out for when it comes to finding a home tutor for their children?There are many reasons as to why a large percentage of parents opt for home tuition for their...
Memorisation Tips - A Useful Sharing By Private Tutors in SingaporeEvery Singaporean student, from Primary to Junior College has to go through national examinations (PSLE, N-Levels, O-Levels, A-Levels) every year. Their exam results will determine their academic...
Should I Send My Child For Private Home Tuition or Tuition Centres? This is a common question often faced by Singaporean parents. The dilemma exists because Singaporean parents are often wondering if the child will benefit more from Private Home Tuition or enrolling...