MindFlex Economics Tuition
The Best Economics Tuition in Singapore
We have a wide-range of qualified Economics Home Tutors who provide Economics Tuition for the following:
- O Level Economics Tuition
- A Level Economics Tuition
- Secondary Economics Tuition
- JC Economics Tuition
- IBDP Economics Tuition
- International / IGCSE Economics Tuition
- H1 Economics Tuition
- H2 Economics Tuition
- IGCSE Economics Tuition
- IBDP SL Economics Tuition
- IBDP HL Economics Tuition
- Polytechnic Economics Tuition
- University Economics Tuition
- Economics Private Tuition Singapore
Free Request For Economics Tutor
Economics Tuition Singapore
What To Expect From MindFlex’s Economics Tuition
1 to 1 Economics Tuition With A Learning Schedule Catered To Students’ Needs
Easy Methods To Remember Content For Economics
Expert Guidance In Economics Case Study Analysis and Essay Writing Techniques
Clear Explanations of Concepts for Economics
Additional Learning Notes and Case Studies from Competent Economics Tutors
Effective Tuition to Assist Students in Preparation for School Examinations
Gain Interest in “Boring” Subjects Through Tutors’ Engaging Lessons
Observe A Positive Transformation to Your Economics Results
Choose Your Preferred Tutor from Our Database of 6,000+ Economics Tutors
Affordable Economics Tuition
Economics Tuition Rates Singapore 2021
Our Economics home tuition rates are constantly updated in real-time based on rates quoted by home tutors in Singapore. These market rates are based on the volume of 10,000+ monthly tuition assignment applications over a pool of 30,000+ active home tutors.
IGCSE / International
Poly / Uni
Economics Tutor Categories
Engage Top-Quality Economics Home Tuition At Affordable Tuition Rates
The 3 Different Categories of Economics Tutors
Ex / Current
Around 1 to 3
More Than 5
National Exam Markers
Made Up of
Made Up of
MOE & NIE Trained
Scored Good Grades (As)
Large Pool of Students,
In-Depth MOE Teaching
Young & Vibrant,
Highly Experienced with
Wealth of Classroom
Challenges Faced By Economics Students in Singapore
Numerous Distractions Causing Students to Lose Focus On Their Academics
Mounting Stress from Other Subjects
Struggles in Following and Understanding Economics Lessons
Fear of Asking Questions During Economics Lessons
Accumulation of Uncleared Doubts and Questions From Economics Lessons
Problems Remembering Content For Economics
Struggles to Analyse Case Studies Effectively
Difficulty Applying Answering Techniques When Writing Essays
Unable to Complete Examination Paper Due to Poor Time Management Strategies
Benefits of Engaging Economics Home Tuition
Efficient Use of After-school Time
Students can be overwhelmed with having to maintain a healthy and balanced personal and school life. While it is beneficial to spend time building a strong personal life during Co-curricular Activities and after-school hours, this would also mean that students would have limited time to study and work on their assignments. Having an Economics Tutor can help them to efficiently make use of their time in studying and working on their homework, so that they may do well in both their personal and academic lives.
Competent Guidance Catered to Student’s Learning Styles
Economics Tutors are well-versed in the content and procedure of the Economics examinations. With their years of experience, they can discover the weaknesses and strengths of their tutees and design a comfortable learning schedule for the student, so that the student may better absorb the content and understand the concepts.
Assistance with School Homework and Preparation for Examinations
Economics students often face never-ending homework and quizzes, which may be overwhelming and stressful. Being overly stressed can be detrimental to their learning, which is counter-productive. However, with an Economics tutor, students can seek help from them if they need preparation for school tests or have difficulties understanding and doing their school homework. Not only so, these Economics Tutors often have access to their own learning materials and practices, which students can tap on to further improve their understanding of concepts and examination answering techniques.
Increased Confidence To Ask and Answer Questions in Class
With Economics Tutors assisting their understanding of concepts taught in school, students will feel more confident about their basic understanding of the lessons. This will help them to become more comfortable in answering or asking questions because they are aware that they would not be giving a “wrong” answer or asking a “stupid” question that might cause them to be ridiculed in class.
Not Lagging Behind During Lessons and for Examinations
For slower students, it will be stressful to watch their fellow classmates grasp the lessons taught in school quickly while they do not understand the concepts. Having Economics Tuition would ensure that they can clarify the doubts they have in class, and that they would not be lagging behind as compared to their classmates during lessons and for examinations.
Mentorship for Future Choices
MindFlex’s Economics Tutors have either been trained by MOE and NIE, or have been through the Singapore education system themselves, thus they have a good understanding of the future routes following the National Examinations. Not only will they be capable of helping their students achieve good results during examinations, they are also able to provide meaningful advice and insights to their students about choosing a school after the O-Levels, or deciding on a University course after the A-Levels or IB examinations.
Effective Economics Home Tuition
Topics & Skills Covered by MindFlex’s Economics Tuition
Secondary School Economics Topics
O Level Economics: The Basic Economic Problem, Factors of Production, Opportunity Cost, Production Possibility Curves Diagrams, Allocation of Resources, Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, Microeconomic Decision Makers, Government and the Macroeconomy, Economic Development, International Trade and Globalisation and many more…
Junior College (JC) Economics Topics
- H1 Economics: Case Study Analysis, Microeconomics, Scarcity, Markets, Price Mechanisms, Market Failure, The National Economy, Macroeconomics, and many more…
- H2 Economics: Case Study Analysis, Essay Writing Skills and Techniques, Microeconomics, Scarcity, Markets, Price Mechanisms, Market Failure, The National and International Economy, Macroeconomics, Globalisation, and many more…
IGCSE Economics Topics
IGCSE Economics: The nature of the economic problem, The factors of production, Opportunity cost, Production possibility curve diagrams (PPC), Microeconomics and macroeconomics, …
IBDP Economics Topics
- HL Economics: Extended Response Paper answering skills, Data Response Paper answering skills, Policy Paper answering skills, Portfolio Creation, Microeconomics, Demand, Supply, Market Failure, Macroeconomics, Inequality, Monetary Policy, Supply-side Policy, The Global Economy, International Trade, Exchange Rates, Economic Growth and many more…
- SL Economics: Extended Response Paper answering skills, Data Response Paper answering skills, Portfolio Creation, Microeconomics, Demand, Supply, Market Failure, Macroeconomics, Inequality, Monetary Policy, Supply-side Policy, The Global Economy, International Trade, Exchange Rates, Economic Growth and many more…
Constant Economics ImprovemenT
Skills Taught by MindFlex’s Economics Tutors
Strong Understanding of Concepts
Accurate Application of Concepts
Relevance of Economic Concepts in the Real World
Accurate Analysis of Economics Case Studies
Critical Understanding of Economic Theories
Correct Interpretation of Questions
Answering Techniques for Writing Essays
Effective Application of Content in Essays
Concise and Well-organised Arguments
Easy Methods to Remember Economics Content
Good Time Management Strategies
Effective Examination Strategies
Hear From Other Parents & Students
Testimonials About Our Economics Home Tuition
MindFlex helped to provide a list of tutors that matched the criteria I requested for, and thankfully the tutor I chose for my daughter was a great fit – she got along well with my daughter, and was also familiar with the content and examination format. Under the tutor’s guidance, my daughter was able to develop a love for the subject and showed significant improvements in her examination grades. I was really pleased with the service offered by Mindflex, and how smooth the process of finding a tutor was for me.
Mrs Rohana, Mother of Secondary 4 Economics Student
(D7 to B3)
I’ve always liked studying Economics concepts, but simply could not score well in the exams. I had a lot of difficulty with accurately applying concepts and using the essay writing techniques taught in school. I started looking for an Economics tutor 5 months before my IB examinations, and MindFlex was really efficient in getting back to me with a list of suitable tutors. My tutor, Jonathan, was experienced in teaching the subject, and patiently re-taught me all the skills I was previously missing. Thank you MindFlex and Jonathan!
Ms Indra, IB HL Economics Student
(4 to 7 points)
Thank you MindFlex for your efficient service and helping me find a tutor before my Promo examinations. Under my tutor’s guidance, I was able to understand some of the concepts which were previously just confusing to me. My tutor was also really patient and took the time to understand areas in which I was weak. I am really thankful to my tutor, and plan to continue tuition with him until I complete my A-Levels next year. Thanks MindFlex!
Mr Brandon, JC2 H1 Economics Student
(D to A)
I appreciated that my tutor from Mindflex, Ms Chan, took the time to teach me the skills in tackling case studies, which was my weakest component in the Economics examination. After I understood the techniques in analysing case studies, the rest of the process of answering questions came easily, and Ms Chan also helped to teach me methods in remembering content easily. Thank you for making Economics much easier for me!
Ms Qianying, JC2 H2 Economics Student
(E to B)
Choosing The Right Economics Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A Economics Tutor
Dedication to Teaching and Attentiveness to Students
- Students can get overwhelmed by their personal and academic lives, which is distracting when he/she tries to study. Having a devoted Economics Tutor who will pay attention to your child’s needs and learning style would ensure that your child can optimise his/her learning progress. If you find a tutor that suits your child’s learning needs, it will be a loss if they decide not to follow your child up to higher levels of education. To prevent that, it will be great to check if the tutor would be willing to do so before you confirm tuition agreements.
- Here at MindFlex, we understand the difficulties of finding an Economics Tutor who is capable of teaching and suitable for your child’s learning needs. To ensure that you pick the ideal tutor of your choice, we make it a special point to facilitate communication between you and the tutor to ensure that both sides have a common understanding of expectations and needs.
Familiarity With The Current MOE Syllabus
- The MOE and Cambridge collaboration in designing examination papers for the national exams has brought about various changes to the content and examination practices for Economics. It is critical that the Tutor is familiar with the latest syllabus, and the relevant syllabus for your child, as there are 3 types of national exams. This way, they would not be teaching your child irrelevant material, and would instead be supplementing your child’s lessons in school.
- You can check if the Economics Tutor is familiar with the latest syllabus in the profiles of tutors that MindFlex sends to you. Pay attention to the tutors’ teaching experiences as that will inform you if they are familiar with the latest syllabus.
- More information about the MOE Syllabus can be found at these links: O Level Economics, A Level H1 Economics, A Level H2 Economics, IGCSE Economics, IB HL Economics, IB SL Economics
Experience and Capability to Teach Economics
- While tutors can be MOE & NIE trained or have years of experience teaching, it does not necessarily mean that they can teach Economics. When selecting an Economics Tutor, make sure to check if the tutor has experience teaching Economics. This is important to ensure tutors are well-versed with Economics content and Economics examination format.
- There are many types of private home tutors, including MOE & NIE trained teachers, Full-Time tutors and Part-Time tutors. Regardless, they are capable of teaching as long as these tutors possess MOE & NIE training, years of experience in teaching Economics to private students, or have exemplary personal academic grades. Hence, be sure to check their qualifications, years of experience and personal academic grades before confirming any tuition arrangements.
- Rest assured that when recommending suitable Economics Tutors, MindFlex will only shortlist tutors that have prior experience in teaching Economics, or have exemplary results in the subject. MindFlex will include the qualifications, years of experience and personal academic achievements of the Economics Tutors when we send our shortlisted tutors’ profiles to you.
Ability To Provide Learning Materials And Resources
- With years of experience in teaching students, who are often from different schools, capable Chemistry Tutors will naturally accumulate a number of notes and past year papers that they can give their students for additional practices. For those who are dedicated and passionate about teaching, they would even have prepared mind maps, common questions and pitfalls in past year papers, self-designed practices referenced from assessment books and past-year papers of top schools and national exams.
- Here at MindFlex, we make sure to indicate in our tutor profiles if the specific tutor is able to provide materials and resources for the students.
Support with School Work and Examinations
- Schools often give multiple assignments in a week across all subjects. Ensuring that your child is able to complete these assignments well and understand all the key concepts is the first step to doing well for his school examinations. Depending on your needs, Economics Tutors can help your child with his school work and preparation for examinations, and even offer additional notes and practices consolidated from textbooks, assessment books and various schools’ past-year papers.
- When selecting your ideal tutor, you can check MindFlex’s tutors’ profiles if they are able to provide their learning materials and additional practices for your child. In the case that you will like your tutor to help with your child’s school work, MindFlex encourages an interview with the tutor to ensure that they are the right fit before confirming the tuition arrangements.
Presence Of Testimonials From Previous Tutees
- Surely, you can look at their qualifications and years of experience to gauge their capability in teaching. However, as with all services, you might find it hard to believe when tutors themselves state their experiences and capabilities in teaching. There is a good and easy way to check if they are of the standards that they have claimed, which is through the testimonials and recommendations from their previous students. These testimonials and recommendations will inform you of the strengths and capabilities of the tutor, while also assuring you that they are safe to engage.
- MindFlex understands your concerns when searching for a good Economics Tutor for your child. To help you with your selection, we will include any testimonials or if they can provide any proven records of their students’ improvement. We will also include in their profiles if they have received good feedback from our clients, so you don’t have to worry about their capability to teach!
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting Economics Tuition
Education in Singapore can be overwhelming and stressful for your child since it is the stage where your child will seek his/her personal identity and find a suitable balance in his/her personal and academic lives. Both are extremely important in ensuring that your child is happy, hence engaging an Economics Tutor will aid your child’s academic journey and ease the struggles faced in this aspect of their lives.
Having an additional mentor for your child will assist him/her in their academic lives so that it will reduce the stress levels of your child. Further, these Economics Tutors can help to push your child to achieve better academic grades and pave a smoother path for their future goals and dreams.
Most of the topics taught in Secondary Economics will also be applicable in JC/IB Economics, and beyond that, at the University level. Having a strong grasp of the concepts now will aid their learning journey in the future at Higher levels of education, when the content becomes more in-depth and more challenging.
Economics examinations are difficult to score well in, and students will need to ensure that they maximise the marks they score to get a good grade. Having an Economics Tutor who would offer his/her 100% attention to your child will help your child to score well and build good examination techniques so that he/she will not lose marks from careless mistakes.
Economics is a subject that opens up a range of options in terms of University courses and beyond that, future career choices. Knowledge in economics is valuable in the fields of finance, banking, insurance, and public policy planning in the government sector. Mastering the subject at the present stage will be beneficial in future stages of further education, and in such career paths.
- Beyond just academics, Economics is a subject that has multiple real-world applications and uses. Having a good understanding of Economics concepts also helps one to understand economic trends and managing personal resources, as well as global phenomenons like inflation, unemployment, and poverty.
Convinient & Accessible Maths Tuition
Economics Tuition Near Me?
Enjoy Economics Tuition at the convenience of your home today. MindFlex provides Economics Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us.
MindFlex – The #1 Economics Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Here at MindFlex Home Tuition, we understand your struggles and troubles in searching for an ideal Economics Tutor for your child. We have a large database of experienced and patient Economics Tutors who have proven track records of helping their students achieve exemplary results in their examinations. To meet your budget, we also have a range of tutors, from MOE & NIE trained teachers, Full-Time tutors and Part-Time tutors that are all well-versed in teaching Economics and drilling in foundational skills required in these subjects. Rest assured that you will find your ideal Economics Tutor here at MindFlex! Request now to help your child excel in the challenging Singapore Education system!
There are many reasons to study Economics, as highlighted by students from London School of Economics. Start your Economics home tuition with MindFlex today and build your foundation in this subject!
Latest Economics News
Economics Resources From Our Blog
How Do I Find A Home Tutor!How does engaging a home tutor benefit your children? What do parents have to look out for when it comes to finding a home tutor for their children?There are many reasons as to why a large percentage of parents opt for home tuition for their...
Memorisation Tips - A Useful Sharing By Private Tutors in SingaporeEvery Singaporean student, from Primary to Junior College has to go through national examinations (PSLE, N-Levels, O-Levels, A-Levels) every year. Their exam results will determine their academic...
Should I Send My Child For Private Home Tuition or Tuition Centres? This is a common question often faced by Singaporean parents. The dilemma exists because Singaporean parents are often wondering if the child will benefit more from Private Home Tuition or enrolling...