MindFlex English Tuition
The Best English Tuition in Singapore
We have a wide-range of qualified English Tutors who provide English Tuition for the following:
- Primary English Tuition
- Secondary English Tuition
- JC English Tuition
- International / IGCSE English Tuition
- IBDP English Tuition
- AEIS English Tuition
- PSLE English Tuition
- N Level English Tuition
- O Level English Tuition
- IP English / Language Arts Tuition
- A Level General Paper Tuition
- H1 General Paper Tuition
- H2 Knowledge and Inquiry Tuition
- IGCSE English Tuition
- IBDP SL English Tuition
- IBDP HL Englishs Tuition
- Preschool English Tuition
- Polytechnic English Tuition
- University English Tuition
- Adult Conversational English Tuition
- English Private Tuition Singapore
Free Request For English Tutor
English Tuition Singapore
What To Expect From MindFlex’s English Tuition
1 to 1 English Home Tuition Catered to Student’s Needs and Learning Progress
Quality Explanations And Tips For Every Component of English
Access To A Variety Of Exercises and Past Year Papers From Top Schools
Gain Insights To Scoring in English, Including Writing and Comprehension
Feel Safe Learning English At Your Convenience In Your Home
Receive Consolidated English Summary Notes and Materials
Increase Interest And Understanding Of English As A Subject
Improvement In Your English Academic Grades
Pick Your Ideal English Tutor From Our Pool of 12,000+ Experienced English Tutors
Affordable English Tuition
English Tuition Rates Singapore 2020
Our english home tuition rates are constantly updated in real-time based on rates quoted by home tutors in Singapore. These market rates are based on the volume of 10,000+ monthly tuition assignment applications over a pool of 30,000+ active home tutors.
IGCSE / International
Poly / Uni
English Tutor Categories
Engage Top-Quality English Home Tuition At Affordable Tuition Rates
The 3 Different Categories of English Tutors
Ex / Current
Around 1 to 3
More Than 5
National Exam Markers
Made Up of
Made Up of
MOE & NIE Trained
Scored Good Grades (As)
Large Pool of Students,
In-Depth MOE Teaching
Young & Vibrant,
Highly Experienced with
Wealth of Classroom
Challenges Faced By English Students in Singapore
- Struggles in Grammar and Vocabulary for Writing and Comprehension
- Poor understanding of Pronouncing and Verbalising thoughts well for Oral Communication
Unable to understand questions in Comprehension, and how to answer them well
Difficulty in Summarising passage with flair and concision for Comprehension
Unable to Infer meanings of sentences in passage for Comprehension
Finds problems in memorising large amount of content and general knowledge about various issues needed to prepare for Essays
Struggles in improving Essay writing skills for Content and Use of English
Inability to answer questions and write well to score higher marks
Unfamiliarity with content knowledge and how to build knowledge in general issues and current affairs for Essays
Unable to complete the paper during exams due to poor time management strategies
Benefits of Engaging
English Home Tuition
Experienced Guidance Adapted to Student's Needs
Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses for every subject. Same with English, which has multiple components for writing, listening, comprehension and oral communication, students can be better at one component and worse at another. With a tutor providing quality English home tuition, they can adapt to the student’s learning progress and needs and ensure that they achieve the maximum improvement in the language and in their academic grades.
Sharp English Tutors Who Can Spot Student's Weaknesses
English is a difficult subject to score in because it can be subjective depending on the teacher’s marking. MindFlex’s Singapore English Tutors are familiar with MOE syllabus and marking schemes, and experienced with a variety of students, thus they are able to spot student’s weaknesses easily and help them improve in the language and in their academic grades.
Receive Consolidated English Summary Notes And Practices
English is a learnt subject, where students can witness improvement with more practice. MindFlex’s English Tutors have consolidated notes from various schools and assessment books, thus helping students to save time on collecting content for Essay writing. Not only so, our English Tutors can provide additional exercises for students to practice on and hone their writing skills.
Confidence Boost For Students
Improving English is important for both academic progress and day-to-day communications. In Singapore, where English is the main language used for communications, witnessing an improvement in English skills will help students gain confidence when speaking and writing to others. With better English skills, students can also naturally better express their thinking process for other subjects such as Science and Humanities.
More Interest And Ease of Use of English
Engaging English home tuition can help students feel more interested in English as they understand general issues and current affairs, as well as how they may better use English to express their views and opinions. With stronger interest in English or content about general issues, students will naturally read more, thus improving their academic grades in English and ease of use of the language.
Advice and Recommendations for English and Future Career Choices
MindFlex’s English Tutors are experienced and skillful in their use of English. Not only will they be able to guide the students in their learning process for English, they will also be able to recommend useful materials for students to improve their English. Furthermore, our English Tutors can provide insightful advice for student’s Subject Combinations, University Course Selections, and Future Career Choices.
Effective English Home Tuition
Topics & Skills Covered by MindFlex’s English Tutors
Primary School English Topics
PSLE: Listening, Reading, Oral Communications, Writing, Composition, Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Critical Thinking, and many more…
Secondary School / IGCSE English Topics
O Level: Editing, Situational Writing, Continuous Writing, Comprehension, Summary Writing, Listening, Oral Communication, Reading Aloud, Spoken Interaction, and many more…
Junior College / IBDP English Topics
- H1 General Paper: Essay, Comprehension, Summary Writing, Synthesising information and Application, and many more…
- SL/HL English: Writing, Listening, Reading, Individual Oral Assessment, and many more…
Hear From Other Parents & Students
Testimonials About Our English Home Tuition
I immigrated to Singapore from China a few years ago. My child grew up in a Chinese-speaking family and was struggling in Primary School because he needed to talk in English. I am glad I chose to request a Tutor from MindFlex, who connected me with Mr Chow. He was very good at teaching my child in writing and speaking English. He would use Chinese to help my boy with English words. Thank you for helping him improve
Mr Zhang Yipeng, Dad of Primary 2 English Student
(D to B)
Thank you MindFlex for finding Ms Jessie to help my daughter for her General Paper! She was such a sweet and patient tutor who helped my daughter improve from C to A for A levels. Now, I can feel reassured for my daughter’s application for university. Thank you Ms Jessie for the extra notes and practices you’ve given to my daughter, and for answering my daughter’s questions out of your working hours!
Ms Sara Wong, Mum of JC2 General Paper Student
(C to A)
I am from Korea, and English is not my main language! For my work, I was asked to move to Singapore, but I realised that it was so difficult to speak with people because they mainly speak in English. Luckily, I found MindFlex, which helped to connect me with my tutor, Mr. Edward. Thank you for your patience in helping me improve & making lessons so interesting for me!
Ms Eun Ae, Adult Conversational English Student
(Improved Proficiency of English)
To MindFlex, I am so grateful that I chose to request a tutor from you! Mr Derrick was very engaging during his English lessons and my daughter is now more interested in English. We have decided to continue with him for my daughter’s English tuition for Secondary 2 as well. My daughter’s jump in grades within 6 months has really surprised both of us. Thank you again!
Ms Raja, Mum of Sec 1 Student
(D7 to A2)
Choosing The Right English Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In An English Tutor
Qualifications And Abilities To Teach English
- There are a range of tutors from MOE & NIE-trained teachers to part-time tutors. MOE & NIE-Trained teachers are qualified to teach students with their training, and can be specialised in teaching particular subjects if they have been trained for that subject. There are also other tutors that have accumulated years of experience in teaching English, or have scored well in their personal grades for English, which showcases their ability to teach English.
Rest assured that our English tutors in MindFlex are capable of teaching the subject. We will help you in your selection process by also highlighting the relevant grades and academic achievements of our Singapore English Tutors.
Experience In Teaching Students Of Similar Levels
- It is important to check if the tutor you are interested in engaging has experience in teaching students of similar levels. With such experience, they will then be familiar with the current syllabus and examination practices. Be sure to ensure that the English tutor has been teaching students of similar levels or has the capability to teach students of that level by looking at their experience and personal academic achievements.
- Here at MindFlex, when connecting you to English tutors, we will only recommend tutors who have experience in teaching English to students of similar levels or have the personal academic achievements to teach English.
Familiarity With The Most Updated Syllabus
- With the numerous changes in the MOE syllabus, it is important to make sure that the Singapore English Tutor is well-aware of the content and examination practices based on the most updated syllabus. Since they are the ones supplementing the student’s learning progress, their teaching should not contradict what is taught in schools.
- When providing recommendations to you, we will inform you of the teaching experiences of MindFlex’s English tutors so that you can check how familiar they are with the current syllabus.
- More information about the MOE Syllabus can be found at these links: PSLE English, O Level English, H1 General Paper, H2 Knowledge And Inquiry
Access to Additional English Learning Materials & Practices
- English Tutors with years of experience will tend to have their pool of resources of content and notes that their tutees may use for writing essays. Furthermore, these Singapore English Tutors would have access to different schools’ past-year papers and assessment books, thus providing sufficient practices for the student.
- While recommending English Tutors to you, MindFlex will assist your selection by indicating in the tutors’ profiles if they are able to provide materials and resources for the student.
Passion & Dedication In Teaching
- Make sure to check if the English Tutor you have chosen is passionate and dedicated in teaching your child. Without devotion and commitment, they will not be able to understand your child’s learning style and design a suitable learning schedule for your child. Aside from this, be sure to check if the tutor can commit to the arranged timing for the tuition, and if he/she is willing to follow your child through higher levels of education. Tuition is not just about teaching a particular subject, but also about building a trusted relationship between the child and the tutor to facilitate the learning process. When your child feels comfortable with the tutor, he/she will then be more engaged during the tuition and have a better learning experience.
- MindFlex makes it a special point to facilitate communication between you and the tutor to ensure that both of you have come to an agreement of expectations before confirming the tuition arrangements.
Ability to Spot Weaknesses And Drill Basic Skills Such As Grammar And Vocabulary
- English is all about the basics and foundations. With good foundational skills in Grammar and Vocabulary, one can then excel in English. Top Singapore English Tutors will be able to spot any weaknesses of students in these basic skills, and drill them in these skills to ensure that they will be proficient in English for the writing, listening, reading and speaking components of their school examinations.
- English Tutors recommended by MindFlex are experienced and capable of spotting weaknesses in students’ English. They are also proficient in helping students to work on these weaknesses so as to improve their English within short periods of time.
Testimonials & Recommendations From Previous Tutees
- Top English Tutors in Singapore will naturally have testimonials and recommendations from previous tutees. To understand the strengths of these tutors, it is best for you to check if they have been recommended or have any testimonials from parents and students. Usually, these Singapore English tutors will have a strong testimonial base, which can reassure you of their capability and that they are safe to teach your child.
- MindFlex will include testimonials and whether tutors have received good feedback from our clients, so that you can have an easy experience selecting a safe and capable English Tutor for your child.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting English Tuition
English is the main language written and spoken in Singapore. By mastering English, you will naturally be able to communicate well and to do well in other subjects as well.
English is a subject that is required across all levels of education, and for almost all the subjects that you will take during your schooling life. By starting early, you will be able to hone your English skills at a young age and achieve good academic grades in English.
For local universities, you will be required to take a Qualifying English Test (QET) if you did not obtain a pass for GP or KI. If you happen to fail the QET, you will have to take an extra module in university.
A good grasp of English basic components such as Grammar and Vocabulary will bring you far in life. Furthermore, since the English syllabus in Singapore is similar across all levels of education, starting early will help you to hone your skills in English!
Scoring A is difficult to achieve in English since you will need to be able to organise your thoughts well and communicate them fluently in oral and written contexts. Having English Home Tuition will definitely assist you in your learning journey for English.
If you are planning to apply for degrees such as Law, English Literature, History, Psychology, Economics, Public Policy and Global Affairs, Sociology and others in local universities, you will need to have a good grade in General Paper or Knowledge & Inquiry. In the case that you are planning to apply for overseas universities, you will be asked to write an essay as part of your application. Having a good score in English and being able to write well will definitely ease your application to the university!
Convinient & Accessible Maths Tuition
English Tuition Near Me?
Enjoy English Tuition at the convenience of your home today. MindFlex provides English Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us.
MindFlex – The #1 English Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Here at MindFlex Home Tuition, we have a large database of experienced Singapore English Tutors who have been helping numerous students in their writing and oral communication skills. We have a range of MOE & NIE Trained teachers, Full-Time tutors and Part-Time tutors who have accumulated experience in teaching English or have personally scored impressive marks for their English grades. Our English Tutors have shown remarkable results in helping their students achieve high grades of As within short periods of time. Rest assured that your engaged English Tutor has the ability to teach and provide necessary learning materials to improve your English abilities. Request for an English Tutor now at MindFlex to better improve your English!
According to The Telegraph, English is widely spoken by over half of the population in more than 45 countries. It is important for your child to master English, especially as he/she develops as a global citizen. Start improving your child’s English proficiency with English Home Tuition today!
Latest English News
English Resources From Our Blog
How Do I Find A Home Tutor!How does engaging a home tutor benefit your children? What do parents have to look out for when it comes to finding a home tutor for their children?There are many reasons as to why a large percentage of parents opt for home tuition for their...
Memorisation Tips - A Useful Sharing By Private Tutors in SingaporeEvery Singaporean student, from Primary to Junior College has to go through national examinations (PSLE, N-Levels, O-Levels, A-Levels) every year. Their exam results will determine their academic...
Should I Send My Child For Private Home Tuition or Tuition Centres? This is a common question often faced by Singaporean parents. The dilemma exists because Singaporean parents are often wondering if the child will benefit more from Private Home Tuition or enrolling...