MindFlex IP Home Tuition
The Best IP Home Tuition in Singapore
We have a wide-range of qualified IP Home Tutors who provide IP Home Tuition Singapore for the following:
- IP English Tuition
- IP Chinese Tuition
- IP Malay Tuition
- IP Tamil Tuition
- IP Maths Tuition
- IP Science Tuition
- IP Humanities Tuition
- IP Language Arts Tuition
- IP Higher Chinese Tuition
- IP Higher Malay Tuition
- IP Higher Tamil Tuition
- IP Additional Maths Tuition
- IP Maths 1 Tuition
- IP Maths 2 Tuition
- IP Advanced Inquiry To Mathematics (AIM) Tuition
- IP General Science Tuition
- IP Integrated Sciences (IS) Tuition
- IP Advanced Sciences Tuition
- IP Biology Tuition
- IP Chemistry Tuition
- IP Physics Tuition
- IP Social Studies Tuition
- IP Geography Tuition
- IP History Tuition
- IP Literature In English Tuition
- IP Literature In Chinese Tuition
Free Request For IP Home Tutor
IP Home Tuition Singapore
What To Expect From MindFlex’s IP Home Tuition Singapore
1 To 1 Specialised IP Tuition Catered To Students’ Needs And Learning Style
Effective Assistance For Homework and Preparation For Examinations
Absence of Doubts Due to Clear and Simple Explanations And Clarifications
Additional Learning Materials And Practices From Experienced IP Tutors
Being Groomed As A Global Citizen With Critical Thinking Skills
Preparation For Higher Education Levels Such As A Levels And IB
Increased Interest And Understanding Of Real-World Relevance Of IP Content
Witness An Improvement To Your IP Grades And GPA
Pick Your Ideal IP Tutor From Our Pool of 3,000+ Expert IP Tutors
Affordable IP Home Tuition
IP Home Tuition Rates Singapore 2021
Our IP home tuition rates are constantly updated in real-time based on rates quoted by home tutors in Singapore. These market rates are based on the volume of 10,000+ monthly tuition assignment applications over a pool of 30,000+ active home tutors.
IGCSE / International
Poly / Uni
IP Home Tutor Categories
Engage Top-Quality IP Home Tuition At Affordable Tuition Rates
The 3 Different Categories of IP Tutors
Ex / Current
Around 1 to 3
More Than 5
National Exam Markers
Made Up of
Made Up of
MOE & NIE Trained
Scored Good Grades (As)
Large Pool of Students,
In-Depth MOE Teaching
Young & Vibrant,
Highly Experienced with
Wealth of Classroom
Challenges Faced By IP Students in Singapore
Multiple co-curricular activities limiting student’s time to study
Pressured by a highly competitive and stressful environment in school
Crucial growing phase distracting students from their studies
Inability to understand content and concepts taught in class
Struggles finding relevant resources outside of school to assist their studies
Fear of speaking up or asking questions in class due to fear of being ridiculed
Accumulation of doubts and questions that are not clarified or answered during school lessons
Overwhelmed by difficulty and volume of content to grasp for IP subjects
Struggles to score according to the marking scheme
Problems understanding how to apply concepts when answering questions
Frustrations in not finishing the exam paper due to poor examination and time management strategies
Benefits of Engaging IP Home Tuition
Effective Tuition Aimed At Instilling Good Studying Habits
As compared to students in the express stream, IP students have to study comparably more difficult topics while also taking up co-curricular activities and additional learning programmes. Having to juggle these many time-consuming activities will limit the amount of time IP students have to study. Hence, it is important to have an IP Tutor who is experienced with the unique syllabus and able to help students to instill good studying habits so that students can efficiently make use of their time to complete their school work and prepare for any upcoming school tests.
Expert Consultation Catered To Help Students Stay Ahead Of Curriculum
The IP curriculum can be very difficult to master, given the amount of content and advanced concepts involved. Engaging the best IP home tuition in Singapore can ensure that your child can consult the tutor when he/she has any doubts or questions about the content. Furthermore, the tutor can prepare a learning schedule for the student such that the student will be learning ahead of the curriculum, thus ensuring that he/she is well-prepared for classes and school examinations.
Assistance With Difficult Assignments And Preparation For School Tests
IP students can often struggle over difficult assignments that contribute to their final grade for the year. With IP tuition, students can then direct their questions to the tutor and score better in their assignments. Furthermore, the IP home tutor can help to prepare them for their school tests, including weekly quizzes and common tests, which often require students to have a good grasp of concepts taught to answer tricky questions.
Confidence Boost To Speak Up In Class
As compared to other countries’ education system, Singapore’s education system is weaker in motivating students to speak up during classes and clarify their doubts. Engaging the best IP home tuition in Singapore not only helps students to be more confident in their knowledge of the IP content but also trains students to learn to raise questions and think critically. This is an important soft skill that is highly valued globally, albeit in the business or personal world. By learning to ask questions and speak up in class during the tuition, students will be more confident to do so in class as well, gaining more favour and opportunities in their secondary school.
Preparation For Content Taught In Higher Educational Levels Such As A-Levels And IB
For students enrolled in the Integrated Programme, they are not required to take O levels, which can be both a good and bad thing. It is good because students would not have to go through a stressful period of time to compete with all the O level students in Singapore, but it can be bad if students are not well prepared for their future national examinations. To ensure that students are not only left with good PSLE results, it is important to prepare students for the content taught in higher education levels so that they may score well for A levels or IB exams.
Advice For Future Education Path
Depending on the student’s performance and dreams, the IP home tutor can offer advice and realistic insights of the future education path that the student should take, including future subject combinations or even taking O levels. Furthermore, they can help in giving tips to prepare students in achieving their future goals and dreams.
Effective IP Home Tuition
Topics & Skills Covered by MindFlex’s IP Tuition
IP English/Language Arts Topics
English/Language Arts: Grammar, Vocabulary, Argumentative Essay, Situational Writing, Expository Essay, Personal Essay, Critical Literacy, Comprehension, Summary Writing, Oral Presentation, Focused Conversation, Persuasive Speech, Recitation, Critical Thinking, and many more…
IP Chinese/Malay/Tamil Topics
Chinese/Malay/Tamil: Vocabulary, Comprehension, Critical Literacy, Essay Writing, Email Writing, Argumentative Writing, Situational Writing, Reading Aloud, Focused Conversation, and many more…
IP Maths Topics
Maths: Arithmetic, Algebra and Functions, Indices and Surds, Linear Inequalities, Simultaneous Equations, Mensuration, Pythagoras’ Theorem, Data Handling and Analysis, Rate, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Probability, Statistics, Geometry and Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Graphs of Functions, Graphing Techniques, Vectors, Binomial Theorem, Angle Properties, Quadratic Functions and Inequalities, Polynomials, Calculus, Differentiation, Integration, and many more…
IP Science Topics
- Biology: Biological Molecules, Enzymes, Cells, Bacteria and Viruses, Movement of Substances, Human and Plant Systems, Ecology, Homeostasis, Human Reproduction, Molecular Genetics, Cell Division, Inheritance and Evolution, and many more…
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Acids, Bases and Salts, Stoichiometry and Mole Concept, Redox Reaction, Metals, Electrolysis, Organic Chemistry, and many more…
- Physics: Thermal Physics, Electromagnetic Waves, Kinematics, Energy, Work and Power, Electricity and Electromagnetism, and many more…
IP Humanities Topics
- Geography: Physical Geography, Human Geography, Geographical Skills and Investigations, Economic Geography, Geographical Inquiry, and many more…
- History: Pre-Modern Singapore, Establishing Singapore as a British Colony, Development of Singapore, The Japanese occupation, Authoritarian Regime in Europe and Asia, Causes of the Second World War, Origins and Causes of the Cold War, and many more…
- Literature: Creative Writing through Prose and Poetry, Poetry and Poetic Forms, Dramatic Genre, Analysis and Performance, Literary Analysis, Critical Analysis Skills and Sound Interpretation of Literary Works, and many more…
Constant IP ImprovemenT
Skills Taught by MindFlex’s IP Home Tutors
Critical Thinking And Independent Learning Skills
Thrive In the Global World With Global Knowledge
Mastering English And Mother Tongue Language
Expressing Opinions Clearly And Sophisticatedly
Writing Concisely With Flair In Essays
In-Depth Understanding Of Concepts Taught
Accurate Interpretation Of Questions
Answering According To Marking Scheme
Preparation For Advanced Concepts In A Levels And IB
Effective Time Management And Exam Strategies
Effective Application Of Concepts
Simple Methods To Memorise IP Content
Hear From Other Parents & Students
Testimonials About Our IP Home Tuition
Being brought up in a Chinese family, my English is not very proficient. I am grateful to MindFlex for helping me find a tutor that matched my budget. The tutor is very experienced and bilingual, and he would use Chinese words to translate English vocabulary that I did not understand. He also taught me comprehension and essay writing skills, and helped me score B in my EOY exams this year! Thank you MindFlex!
Ms Zhuang Wei Wei, IP Y2 Language Arts Student
(D to B)
While I am good with Physical Geography, I often fail in questions that involve topics from Human Geography. Seeing MindFlex’s affordable charges for a part-time tutor, I decided to try my luck and find an IP Geography tutor. I am really grateful for Ms Cheryl, who is really good at figuring out why I could not perform in the Human Geography questions, and helped me to score A and a high overall GPA for my EOYs!
Ms Nadiah, IP Y4 Geography Student
(C to A)
My son was failing his Maths 2 exams since last year, and explained that it was because of his CCA commitments. However, he was still doing badly this year after handing over to his juniors, so we decided to find him a Maths tutor. MindFlex and Mr Oliver were very good in their service and lessons respectively. Thank you for helping my son score an A.
Mr Jeffrey Tan, Father of IP Y4 Maths 2 Student
(E to A)
Thank you MindFlex for helping my son find a Biology tutor! I really appreciate your clear and detailed explanations, and for your meticulous help with our request. My son has improved tremendously with Ms Jeanette’s tuition classes, and managed to get A* for his EOY! Will surely recommend you to my friends if their children need tuition 🙂
Ms Nicole Chua, Mum of IP Y3 Biology Student
(C to A*)
Choosing The Right IP Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In An IP Tutor
Qualifications And Capability In Teaching
- You may be aware that in finding a private home tutor, there are 3 types of tutors, which are MOE & NIE trained school teachers, Full-Time tutors and Part-Time tutors. While all MOE & NIE trained teachers are qualified to teach, some of the Full-Time and Part-Time tutors have qualifications to teach as well. To check if they are capable of teaching, you can also look at their educational experience, years of teaching experience and personal academic grades.
- In the profiles of tutors MindFlex sends to you, we will be sure to include the tutors’ qualifications, years of experience and personal academic grades so that you may easily assess the tutors during your selection.
Experience In Teaching IP Students
- IP syllabus is one of the more unique curriculums in Singapore and can differ greatly from the conventional secondary school syllabus. Hence, it will be good to check if tutors have taught IP students previously, and have an idea of the schools that his/her previous and current students study in. This way, you can make sure that the tutor is well-versed with the content and examination practices of the IP school syllabus.
- Here at MindFlex, we make sure to only shortlist tutors who have taught IP students previously or have exemplary results in the relevant subjects.
Familiarity With IP Syllabus From Student's School
- Even among the few schools that offer IP, there are differences in the content and examination practices of the syllabus for individual schools. For tutors who have taught students in the same IP school as your child, they would be familiar with the syllabus for the subjects he/she is experienced in teaching. However, since the syllabus can be relatively unique, it will be good to discuss with the tutor if he can teach the topics taught in the syllabus of your child’s school.
- MindFlex is sure to include if the IP tutor is familiar with the latest syllabus in the profiles of shortlisted tutors. However, since IP is a unique curriculum that faces changes, it will be good to give your tutor a copy of the syllabus outline and ensure that he/she is capable of teaching the topics included before confirming any tuition arrangements.
- More information about the specific IP schools and their syllabuses can be found at these links: Catholic High School, Cedar Girls’ Secondary School, CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls’ School, Dunman High School, Hwa Chong Institution, Nanyang Girls’ High School, National Junior College, Raffles Girls’ School (Secondary), Raffles Institution (Secondary), River Valley High School, Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, Temasek Junior College, Victoria School, Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), Methodist Girls’ School, St Joseph’s Institution, NUS High School of Mathematics and Science
Ability To Help Students Keep Up With School Curriculum
- Under the IP curriculum, students can be overwhelmed with the intense workload and fast lesson pace. To do well in school, they will have to perform well in their assignments and school tests. Hence, expert IP home tutors can assist your child in tackling difficult questions in their assignments and prepare for their school tests, thus ensuring that your child is performing well and not lagging behind in their school curriculum. Depending on your needs, some tutors can also consolidate materials that are relevant to your child’s school curriculum and provide additional practices for your child.
- MindFlex’s IP Tutors are experienced and capable of designing a learning schedule for their students to ensure they are keeping up and even staying ahead of the school curriculum. In the case that they are able to provide additional learning materials consolidated from external resources and school notes, we will include that in the profiles of shortlisted tutors sent to you. If you would like the tutor to also help out with your child’s schoolwork, MindFlex encourages you to have an interview with the tutor so that both sides have a common understanding of expectations before confirming the tuition arrangements.
Training Students To Become A Global Citizen With Critical Thinking Skills
- To succeed in life, simply mastering the content in the school syllabus is not sufficient. Hence, many parents search for external classes to help their children in becoming a critical thinker whilst building up knowledge in global and local issues. Furthermore, since the education and business world are looking for people who have the willingness to speak up, training your child in this aspect would surely aid your child in applying for their dream university and job in the future.
- Our MindFlex IP Tutors are experienced and capable of helping students in mastering their subject content, and can also assist them in building critical thinking skills when assessing information of various sources. Furthermore, with sufficient confidence in the subject and guidance from the tutor in asking the right questions, students will naturally be more willing to speak up in class.
Ability To Work On Student's Weaknesses In Specific Subjects
- It is normal that your child has his/her weaknesses in any subject. However, it is important that you find an IP home Tutor that is capable of spotting the weaknesses of your child and designing a special learning schedule that caters to his/her learning style and needs. This way, your child will not waste time that could be used on working on his/her weaknesses.
MindFlex has a huge pool of IP tutors that have been teaching IP students with different learning styles and weaknesses, thus they are familiar with the common problems that they face with the content taught in the IP syllabus. With that, they can easily pick out the weaknesses of your child and ensure that their tuition classes are focused on helping your child to work on their weaknesses, thus helping your child improve in the subject within a short period of time.
Testimonials From Previous Students
- Top IP Tutors with years of experience teaching IP students will have a strong testimonial base, proving their abilities in teaching and helping students improve in the subject. Through these testimonials and recommendations from previous students, you can also gain insights into the strengths of these tutors and gauge if they are safe to engage and the right fit for your child.
- MindFlex understands the struggles of parents in finding a suitable and capable IP Tutor for their child, hence to assist your search, we will make sure to include any testimonials or if the tutors can provide any records of their students’ improvement. On top of that, we will also include in their profiles if they have received good feedback from our previous clients, so you can rest assured that the tutors are capable of teaching your child!
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting IP Tuition
Students of this age range are going through a tough journey of seeking their personal identity and finding a balance between their personal and academic lives. With an intense IP curriculum, this can potentially overwhelm your child in their learning progress. Engaging IP Home Tuition in Singapore will therefore help your child to ease his academic journey in school and reduce the struggles they face in their personal and academic lives.
Being enrolled in the IP syllabus would mean that your child will be skipping O levels, thus making his/her A level performance more critical. This is because your child will be left with a PSLE certificate if he/she performs poorly for the one-time A level or IB national exams. Hence, make sure that your child is well prepared for the A level content by starting early and engage an IP home tutor if your child is facing troubles in his/her studies!
Schools offering IP syllabus often allow students to take up additional learning programmes such as Bicultural Studies Programme, Gifted Education Programme, Knowledge Skills Programme, which can add on to the study load that your child has. While taking on additional learning programmes is beneficial, make sure that your child is able to cope with his/her current studies and able to grasp the concepts taught. Otherwise, it is important to engage an IP Tutor so that they would not be lagging behind in class and in the IP curriculum.
Since IP students are not required to take O levels, the topics taught in IP Y3 and Y4 are meant to prepare students for A levels or IB. Hence, mastering these concepts and topics early is important so as to ease the learning journey of your child in JC, where they only have 2 years to master all the subjects before their national examinations.
An experienced IP Tutor can also serve as a mentor for your child. Since the IP Tutor has taught students from different IP schools and is well-versed with the Singapore education system, he/she will be able to offer insights and advice to your child so that your child may have an easier path in achieving their future goals and dreams.
Convinient & Accessible Maths Tuition
IP Tuition Near Me?
Enjoy IP Tuition at the convenience of your home today. MindFlex provides IP Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us.
MindFlex – The #1 IP Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
Helping your child to do well in a highly competitive environment is no easy task. MindFlex Home Tuition understands the difficulties of parents in seeking tutors that can prepare your child for the IP Curriculum, hence we offer a range of experienced and competent IP tutors that have been teaching students from various IP schools and helped them to achieve exemplary results in their examinations. Rest assured that you will find an ideal IP Tutor for your child with MindFlex. Request an IP Tutor now to help your child stay ahead of their peers and enjoy a stress-free IP learning journey!
As stated by Former Education Minister Ong Ye Kung, IP schools have better social mix than in non-IP schools. Not only does IP groom your child in becoming a global citizen, it is a platform for your child to grow accustomed to a diverse society. However, with the intensity of the IP curriculum, students may need additional help to cope with their studies. Request for an experienced IP Tutor now with MindFlex!
Latest IP School News
IP Resources From Our Blog
Finding a home tutor? Not sure how to begin? Here are the 5 best advice from an established Singapore tuition agency on selecting the best home tutor!
How do top students in Singapore remember all their content during exams. Here are the Top 5 Memorisation Tips from Private Tutors in Singapore.
8 great reasons why private home tuition is a better option as compared to tuition centres. The answer to a common dilemma faced by Singaporean Parents.