MindFlex JC Tuition
The Best JC Tuition in Singapore
We have a wide-range of qualified JC Home Tutors who provide JC Tuition for the following:
- JC English Tuition
- JC Mother Tongue Tuition
- JC Maths Tuition
- JC Science Tuition
- JC Humanities Tuition
- JC H1 General Paper Tuition
- JC H2 Knowledge And Inquiry Tuition
- JC H1/H2/H3 Mathematics Tuition
- JC H2 Further Maths Tuition
- JC H1/H2/H3 Biology Tuition
- JC H1/H2/H3 Chemistry Tuition
- JC H1/H2/H3 Physics Tuition
- JC H1/H2 China Studies In English Tuition
- JC H1 General Studies In Chinese Tuition
- JC H2 China Studies In Chinese Tuition
- JC H1/H2 Economics Tuition
- JC H1/H2/H3 Geography Tuition
- JC H1/H2/H3 History Tuition
- JC H1/H2/H3 Literature In English Tuition
- JC H2 English Language And Linguistics Tuition
- JC H2/H3 Chinese Language And Literature Tuition
- JC H2/H3 Malay Language And Literature Tuition
- JC H2/H3 Tamil Language And Literature Tuition
- JC H2 Computing Tuition
- JC H2 Principles Of Accounting Tuition
- JC H2 Management Of Business Tuition
- Private JC Tuition Singapore
Free Request For JC Tutor
JC Tuition Singapore
What To Expect From MindFlex’s JC Tuition
1 to 1 Expert JC Tuition Catered to Students’ Needs & Learning Styles
Additional Consolidated Learning Materials and Past-Year-Papers from Top Schools
Effective Answering Techniques to Score Well During Examinations
Clear and Simple Explanations of Concepts to Clarify Doubts of Students
Learn At A Comfortable Pace In the Safety and Comfort of Your Home
Gain Insights Into Real-World Applications of Concepts Taught in Classes
Achieve Your Goals and Enter Your Ideal University and Degree
Witness An Improvement in Your Grades and Ace A Levels
Pick Your Ideal JC Tutor From Our Database of 9,000+ Quality Junior College Tutors
Affordable JC Tuition
JC Tuition Rates Singapore 2020
Our JC home tuition rates are constantly updated in real-time based on rates quoted by home tutors in Singapore. These market rates are based on the volume of 10,000+ monthly tuition assignment applications over a pool of 30,000+ active home tutors.
IGCSE / International
Poly / Uni
JC Tutor Categories
Engage Top-Quality JC Home Tuition At Affordable Tuition Rates
The 3 Different Categories of JC Tutors
Ex / Current
Around 1 to 3
More Than 5
National Exam Markers
Made Up of
Made Up of
MOE & NIE Trained
Scored Good Grades (As)
Large Pool of Students,
In-Depth MOE Teaching
Young & Vibrant,
Highly Experienced with
Wealth of Classroom
Challenges Faced By JC Students in Singapore
Overwhelmed by having to master more than 4 subjects within a short period of 2 years
Stressed and anxious about their performance in JC and how that might impact their future prospects
Struggles to keep up with fast lesson pace in school
Pressured by strong competition to win in the rat race
Problems balancing both personal and academic lives
Insufficient time to work on both building leadership experience and academic proficiency
Difficulty memorising huge amount of content for every JC subject
Struggles in organising arguments and writing well for essays in General Paper and Humanities subjects
Difficulty applying concepts, constructing equations, and performing calculations accurately
Inability to perform laboratory experiments and score well for practicals
Inability to finish the examination paper due to poor examination and time management strategies
Benefits of Engaging JC Home Tuition
Efficient Use Of After-School Hours
For certain JCs, students are required to take up at least one co-curricular activity on top of the heavy school curriculum, causing them to have limited time in focusing on their academics. An expert JC Tutor will help students to efficiently use their time to grasp difficult concepts in the A level syllabus, complete their given assignments, and prepare for upcoming examinations. This way, students can better enjoy their 2-year JC life and develop their personal and academic lives.
Expert Tutors Clarifying Students' Doubts And Complementing School Lessons
Junior College Tutors have the experience and expertise in helping students master the content and examination techniques for the particular JC Subject. These tutors are familiar with the common questions that can appear during examinations and the common problems or mistakes made by JC students. Hence, with their extensive knowledge, they can help students to clarify their doubts in the content and improve their understanding of concepts taught in school. Not only so, their experience will aid them to spot the weaknesses and strengths of the students, which allows them to design a customised learning schedule based on students’ needs and learning styles to maximise their learning.
Consolidated Summary Notes And Additional Practices From Top Schools
While JC is already overwhelming with the huge amount of content to complete within 2 years, it is necessary for students to gain exposure to different types of questions so that they may be well-prepared for their A levels. Having JC Tutors who have taught students of different schools would allow students to gain access to consolidated summary notes that can help them during revision. Furthermore, these tutors will be able to provide and explain the questions asked in the examination papers from different schools, allowing the students to have a better understanding of the variety of questions that can be asked and how they may answer them well.
Catching Up With School Lessons And Adequate Preparation For Examinations
Having to perform well in both personal and academic lives will result in some students having difficulty in catching up with school lessons due to the limited time they can focus on their academics. Having good JC tuition in Singapore will help students to grasp the concepts taught in class and ensure that they are well-prepared for any examinations in school, hence ensuring that students will not lag behind as compared to their classmates.
Tips And Advice In Achieving Students' Goals Of Getting Their Dream Degree And University
JC students will all be pressured by the need to do well for A levels to enter their dream university. However, with applications for university getting more and more difficult year after year, students are required to have both exemplary academic grades in A levels and extensive leadership experience. Having an experienced JC Tutor will provide students with great tips and advice that can help them to increase their chances of entering their dream university and their dream degree.
Effective JC Home Tuition
Topics & Skills Covered by MindFlex’s JC Tuition
JC GP & English Language Topics
- H1 General Paper: Grammar, Vocabulary, Essay Writing, Comprehension, Summary Writing, Listening Comprehension, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking, and many more…
- H2 English Language and Linguistics: Adaptive Writing and Commentary, Language Variation and Change, Language, Culture and Identity, Situational Writing, Argumentative Writing, Comprehension, and many more…
- H1/H2/H3 Literature in English: Reading Literature, The English Renaissance, The Mind and Self in Literature, Analysis, and many more…
JC Mother Tongue Topics
- H1 Chinese / Malay / Tamil Language: Grammar, Vocabulary, Essay Writing, Comprehension, Summary Writing, Listening Comprehension, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking, and many more…
- H2 China Studies: China’s Development and Its Impact, Chinese Society and Its Transformation, Role of China and Its Implications, Governing China and Its Challenges, Local Politics, Economy, Culture, Society and Education, Chinese Culture and Values, International Issues, and many more…
- H2/H3 China/Malay Language and Literature: Ancient Chinese Prose and Classical Chinese Literature, Modern Novels and Plays, and many more…
JC Mathematics Topics
- H1/H2/H3 Math: Functions, Graphs and Transformations, Equations and Inequalities, Sequences and Series, Vectors, Introduction to Complex Numbers, Calculus, Differentiation and Integration, Probability and Statistics, Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Matrices and Numerical Methods, and many more…
- H2 Further Math: Mathematical induction, Complex numbers, Polar curves and conic sections, Applications of definite integrals, Differential equations, Recurrence relations, Matrices and linear spaces, Numerical methods. Discrete random variables, Continuous random variables, and many more…
- H2 Computing: Algorithms and Data Structures, Programming, Data and Information, Computer Networks, and many more…
JC Sciences Topics
- H1/H2/H3 Biology: The Cell and Biomolecules of life, Genetics and Inheritance, Energy and Equilibrium, Biological Evolution, Infectious Diseases, Impact of Climate Change on Animals and Plants, and many more…
- H1/H2/H3 Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, The Gaseous State, Theories of Acids and Bases, The Periodic Table, The Mole Concept and Stoichiometry, Chemical Energetics (Thermochemistry and Thermodynamics), Reaction Kinetics, Chemical Equilibria, Chemistry of Aqueous Solutions, Organic Chemistry, Electrochemistry, and many more…
- H1/H2/H3 Physics: Newtonian Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Oscillations and Waves, Electricity and Magnetism, Modern Physics, and many more…
JC Humanities Topics
- H1/H2 Economics: The Central Economic Problem, Markets, National and International Economy, and many more…
- H1/H2/H3 Geography: Tropical Environments, Development, Economy and Environment, Sustainable Development, Geographical Investigation, and many more…
- H1/H2/H3 History: International History, Southeast Asian History, and many more…
- H2 Principles of Accounting: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Stakeholders and Decision-making, Business Ethics, Elements of Financial Statements, Accounting Principles, Budgeting, and many more…
Constant JC ImprovemenT
Skills Taught by MindFlex’s JC Tutors
Good Grasp And Understanding Of JC Concepts
Communicating In Internationally Acceptable English
Well-Organised And Constructed Arguments
Effective Answering Techniques For Common Questions
Simple Methods To Memorise JC Content
Effective Application Of Memorised Content
Tackling Unconventional Questions
Application Of Mathematical And Scientific Concepts
Construction Of Mathematical And Scientific Equations
Effective Time Management Strategies
Effective Exam Strategies During A Levels
Clear And Sequential Workings
Hear From Other Parents & Students
Testimonials About Our JC Home Tuition
Chemistry is one of my most dreaded subjects, especially when my school releases such difficult examinations. Seeing consistent Us and Ss on my results slip is so demoralising and I couldn’t understand how to improve my grades since I didn’t understand my school lessons. I am so glad to have made the choice to request a Chemistry tutor on MindFlex, which helped me find a tutor within a week! Mr Kelvin is so clear in explaining the concepts and clarified so many of my questions and doubts. Thank you MindFlex and Mr Kelvin for helping me ace my Chemistry for A levels!
Ms Emelyn Chew, JC2 Chemistry Student
(S to A)
Seeing consistent Ds and failures for my GP results made me decide to find a GP tutor. Ms Sharon is very dedicated in spending the first part of every lesson to drill in content for the essay topics I was interested in before focusing on helping me build skills in essay writing, comprehension, summary writing and application. She would also review my marked assignments and papers and make sure I understood all my mistakes. I am really glad to have found Ms Sharon as my tutor, and am looking forward to another year of tuition with her! Thank you MindFlex and Ms Sharon!
Ms Chloe, JC1 General Paper Student
(D to B)
Having a weak foundation in Chinese, I did not expect to be able to pass my Chinese A levels. I am glad to find Ms Chen through MindFlex, who is so patient and detailed in improving my Chinese and expanding my appreciation for Chinese. It is a relief that I got a B for H1 Chinese so that I can apply for local universities. Thank you MindFlex and Ms Chen!
Mr Tan Ming Wei, JC1 Chinese Student
(E to B)
Thank you MindFlex for helping me find Ms Shermaine for my daughter. My daughter has been failing her Economics since her first year in JC, and I am glad to have made the right choice in finding a tutor for her. She looks very interested during the tuition sessions, and her JC teacher also told me that she has improved a lot throughout the year. Thank you for all the help!
Mr Sivakumar, Father of JC2 Economics Student
(U to A)
Choosing The Right JC Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A JC Tutor
Qualifications And Abilities To Teach JC Subjects
- Is the JC tutor you are considering capable to teach? It is extremely important to find a tutor that either has the qualification or the capability to teach the particular JC subject you are looking at. The tuition scene in Singapore has many types of private home tutors, including MOE & NIE trained teachers, Full-Time tutors and Part-Time tutors. While MOE & NIE trained teachers are qualified and trained to teach, your budget might stop you from engaging such tutors. However, there are also full-time and part-time tutors that have the relevant experience and personal academic grades that can prove their capability to teach the specific JC subject.
- Rest assured that MindFlex will include the details and experience of the JC Tutors in the profiles that we send to you. Be sure to check their qualifications, years of experience and personal academic achievements of the JC Tutors before engaging them!
Experience In Teaching JC Students And Familiarity With The Latest Syllabus
- When looking for a suitable JC tutor, be sure to check if they have taught JC students previously. It is important that they have the relevant experience and ability to teach students of this level, as well as the familiarity with the latest A level syllabus. In the case that you are looking for a JC tutor for a particular subject, it will be better for you to choose someone who has taught a JC student in that subject instead of someone who has taught a Secondary School student in that subject. This is because tutors who have taught JC students before would be familiar with the content and examination practices of the A level syllabus, thus ensuring that you will be learning the right material that does not contradict what is taught in school.
- Here at MindFlex, we are sure to only recommend tutors that have experience in teaching JC students or have exemplary academic grades in the relevant subject.
- More information about the MOE Syllabus can be found at these links: A Level General Paper, A Level Chinese Language, A Level Maths, A Level Further Maths, A Level Biology, A Level Chemistry, A Level Physics, A Level Economics, A Level Geography, A Level History, A Level Literature In English
Teaching Style Of JC Tutor
- Finding a JC tutor that has a teaching style that matches your learning is crucial for your learning. Since you only have 2 years to master all the content and examination techniques for the subject, there is no time to waste. JC tutors who are able to cater their teaching style to the students’ needs would be the most ideal, but if they are not able to do so, it will be good to check how they are planning to teach so that you can make sure that their teaching would be most beneficial for your learning.
- You do not have to worry about the teaching style of the tutor since MindFlex’s JC tutors tend to cater their teaching style to the students’ needs and design a special learning schedule for their students. However, you can also look at their profile that we send to you and determine if their teaching style is suitable for you. Alternatively, MindFlex also facilitates communication between you and the tutor to ensure that you have reached a common understanding and agreement before confirming the tuition arrangements, so do ask your prospective tutor these questions before engaging him/her!
Ability To Provide Additional Notes And Practices
- Being well-prepared for school examinations and A levels would require the student to have a good understanding of the concepts and content taught, and the skill in answering questions well. Hence, having a tutor that can supplement your school materials and provide additional notes and practices will help you gain awareness of the different types of questions that can be asked and how you can apply the content learnt to answer these questions well.
- In the profiles of tutors that we send to you, MindFlex will include if the tutors are able to provide their own materials so that you may gauge this factor in your assessment of the tutors.
Skills In Explaining Concepts Well And Improving Students' Weaknesses
- Finding difficulty in understanding school lessons might turn you away from seeking tutors since you can never be sure the tutor’s explanation can help you understand the content. It will be best to check if the tutor has helped previous students to improve in their results as a gauge of their ability to explain concepts. JC tutors who are experienced are also capable of discovering students’ weaknesses since they have been teaching a variety of students and are aware of the common pitfalls and mistakes made by students. Upon discovering students’ strengths and weaknesses, they can then focus on helping them bridge the gap in knowledge and improve their weaknesses.
- Rest assured that our MindFlex JC Tutors are experienced and proficient at teaching the subject. With a good understanding of common traps and problems that students face, they can surely help you or your child through their detailed explanations and effort to design a special learning schedule based on the student’s weaknesses and strengths. When choosing your ideal JC tutor, be sure to check their years of experience and performance of previous students.
Testimonials And Recommendations From Previous Students
- Top JC tutors will naturally have a strong testimonial base since their students are satisfied with their tutoring. Since you are engaging a private tutor, ensuring that the tutor is safe is also critical since they will be coming to your house for lessons. From these testimonials, you can gauge whether the tutor is safe to engage, and also gauge their capability in teaching the subject.
Here at MindFlex, we make it a special point to include any testimonials and records of their students’ improvement. We will also include in their profiles if they have received good feedback from our clients. In the case that you would like to know more about their strengths or if they have any testimonials, do reach out to the tutors during the interview and ask them these questions before confirming the tuition arrangements!
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting JC Tuition
Mastering more than 4 subjects within 2 years is no joke, and the sudden transition to JC from Secondary School can be daunting for many. Having JC home tuition can ease the student’s pain in grasping difficult concepts and content within short periods of time, and reduce the stress and anxiety one will face from the desire to do well for A levels.
Being able to easily complete the assignments given by the school would mean that the student can spend more time in building their personal and academic achievements. With the assistance and guidance of a JC tutor, students would not have to spend hours struggling on one piece of assignment and use the time elsewhere instead.
To excel in A levels, students would be required to know the JC content like the back of their hand, and understand how to answer different types of questions during examinations. However, doing so within a short period of 2 years can be overwhelming, and engaging a JC tutor to design a suitable learning schedule for them would help students to manage their time and expectations so that they can better prepare for A levels. Furthermore, the top JC tuition in Singapore can allow students to gain access to consolidated notes and explain questions found in different schools’ examination papers, which will help students in their revision and help them understand how to answer different types of questions.
A Level examinations are difficult to score well due to the unpredictable nature of the questions, which often shocks and scares unprepared students. Having a JC tutor to provide their 100% attention and focus on helping the student prepare for all sorts of questions would increase the chances of the student in doing well for A levels.
Students need to do well for A levels to get into good universities and degrees, which can determine their future career. Making sure that they have a good understanding of the JC syllabus and are well-prepared for A levels will increase their chances of scoring exemplary results and ease their application into university. If you are looking at entering highly competitive degrees such as Medicine, Law, Dentistry and Computer Science, you will definitely have to groom yourself to be the cream of the crop. Having JC home tuition to assist you in your learning journey would definitely ease your learning journey for these 2 years.
A JC Tutor will also act as an additional mentor for you or your child during these 2 years. With their experience and knowledge of the education system, they can provide tips and advice to increase your chances in entering your dream university and degree.
Convinient & Accessible Maths Tuition
JC Tuition Near Me?
Enjoy JC Tuition at the convenience of your home today. MindFlex provides JC Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us.
MindFlex – The #1 JC Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
A Level Examinations are one of the most daunting national examinations as it determines your university and degree that you can enter. MindFlex understands the difficulties of a JC student in their attempts to do well for A levels. To help you or your child, we will ease your search in finding the best JC tuition in Singapore by recommending tutors that suit your criteria from our database of experienced and expert JC tutors! With a range of tutors from MOE & NIE trained teachers to Part-Time tutors, rest assured to find your ideal JC Tutor with MindFlex! Request for a JC Tutor now to witness an improvement in your JC grades!
In 2016, a comparison between JC and Polytechnic was done, showing the pros and cons of life in a JC and Polytechnic. While more Polytechnic students are able to enter local universities, about 70% of JC students were able to secure places in local universities. Entering JC is not an easy task, especially since this route allows students to take up a larger range of academic subjects. Engaging JC tuition in Singapore can help students to make sure that they are well-prepared for their A levels while enjoying their JC life. Find your JC Tutor now with MindFlex!
Latest JC News
JC Resources From Our Blog
How Do I Find A Home Tutor! How does engaging a home tutor benefit your children? What do parents have to look out for when it comes to finding a home tutor for their children? There are many reasons as to why a large percentage of parents opt for home tuition for...
Memorisation Tips - A Useful Sharing By Private Tutors in Singapore Every Singaporean student, from Primary to Junior College has to go through national examinations (PSLE, N-Levels, O-Levels, A-Levels) every year. Their exam results will determine their academic...
Should I Send My Child For Private Home Tuition or Tuition Centres? This is a common question often faced by Singaporean parents. The dilemma exists because Singaporean parents are often wondering if the child will benefit more from Private Home Tuition or enrolling...