MindFlex Literature Tuition
The Best Literature Tuition in Singapore
We have a wide-range of qualified Literature Home Tutors who provide Literature Tuition for the following:
- O Level Literature Tuition
- N Level Literature Tuition
- A Level Literature Tuition
- Secondary Literature Tuition
- JC Literature Tuition
- IBDP Literature Tuition
- International / IGCSE Literature Tuition
- Pure English Literature Tuition
- Combined Literature Tuition
- Secondary English Literature Tuition
- Secondary Literature In Chinese Tuition
- Secondary Literature In Malay Tuition
- Secondary Literature In Tamil Tuition
- IP English Literature Tuition
- H1/H2/H3 Literature in English Tuition
- H2 English Language And Linguistics Tuition
- H2/H3 Chinese Language And Literature Tuition
- H2/H3 Malay Language And Literature Tuition
- H2/H3 Tamil Language And Literature Tuition
- IGCSE English Literature In English Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL English A: Literature Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL English A: Language And Literature Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL Chinese A: Literature Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL Chinese A: Language And Literature Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL Malay A: Literature Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL Malay A: Language And Literature Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL Tamil A: Literature Tuition
- IBDP SL/HL Tamil A: Language And Literature Tuition
- Polytechnic Literature In English Tuition
- Polytechnic Literature In Chinese Tuition
- University English Literature Tuition
- University English Linguistics Tuition
- University Chinese Literature Tuition
- Literature Private Tuition Singapore
Free Request For Literature Tutor
Literature Tuition Singapore
What To Expect From MindFlex’s Literature Tuition
Private 1 to 1 Literature Tuition Classes Catered To Student’s Needs
Expert Guidance in Scoring All Components for Literature
Access To A Variety Of Past Year Papers From Top Schools To Hone Literature Skills
Receive Customised Literature Study Guides and Materials
Learn In the Comfort and Safety of Your Home
Gain Insights and Examination Tips To Score Every Section and Paper of Literature
Increased Interest and Passion for Literature and Literary Study
Witness An Improvement In Your Literature Academic Grades
Choose Your Literature Tutor From Our Pool of 3,000+ Experienced Literature Tutors
Affordable Literature Tuition
Literature Tuition Rates Singapore 2021
Our Literature home tuition rates are constantly updated in real-time based on rates quoted by home tutors in Singapore. These market rates are based on the volume of 10,000+ monthly tuition assignment applications over a pool of 30,000+ active home tutors.
IGCSE / International
Poly / Uni
Literature Tutor Categories
Engage Top-Quality Literature Home Tuition At Affordable Tuition Rates
The 3 Different Categories of Literature Tutors
Ex / Current
Around 1 to 3
More Than 5
National Exam Markers
Made Up of
Made Up of
MOE & NIE Trained
Scored Good Grades (As)
Large Pool of Students,
In-Depth MOE Teaching
Young & Vibrant,
Highly Experienced with
Wealth of Classroom
Challenges Faced By Literature Students in Singapore
Difficulty understanding of literary meaning of various texts
Inability to find connections between texts
Struggles in developing personal and critical responses to the Literature texts
Problems identifying and interpreting ideas, viewpoints and values expressed in a text
Difficulty analysing literary form, stylistic devices and use of the language of Literature texts
Unfamiliarity with the Literary terms and elements of Literary genres for essay writing
Struggles in understanding requirements of questions and interpreting texts
Unfamiliarity with Literature texts tested in examinations
Difficulty completing paper during examinations due to poor time management and examination strategies
Benefits of Engaging Literature Home Tuition
Expert Guidance Catered To Student's Learning Styles And Needs
To score well in Literature, students need to understand literary genres and features, literature texts and use of the language in both a functional and literary sense. Having quality Literature tuition can ensure that the lessons are adapted to the student’s learning styles and needs such that the students will achieve the maximum improvement in Literature.
Experienced Literature Tutors Who Can Discover Student's Weak Areas
The best Literature Tutors can help students to find their weak areas in Literature, and design a learning schedule to help students overcome these areas. With their experience in conducting Literature tuition, they will be familiar with the common mistakes and problems faced by students, hence easily helping their students to breeze through these issues.
Receive Literature Study Guides And Practice Papers
With the numerous number of Literature texts to study, having access to study guides can help students to easily understand the meaning and interpretation of the passage. Literature Tutors with years of experience will be able to provide these study guides and practice papers to their students so that their students can have an easier time during their revision for the examinations.
Increased Interest And Passion In Literature
Literature Tutors can show how captivating and engaging Literature texts can be so that students can gain interest in the subject. Furthermore, with better understanding of the Literature texts, students will become more interested in the subject and read more, thus improving their Literature grades and literary skills.
Mentorship For Future Education Choices
Experienced Literature Tutors are not only well-versed in Literature, but also in Singapore’s MOE system. Hence, they are able to provide insights and advice to help students in improving in the subject and in deciding their future education choices such as Subject Combinations and University Course Selections.
Effective Literature Home Tuition
Topics & Skills Covered by MindFlex’s Literature Tuition
Secondary School Literature Topics
Pure/Combined Literature: Prose and Unseen Poetry, Drama, Genres of Prose, Poetry and Drama, Literature Forms, Structure and Language, Essay Writing, and many more…
Junior College (JC) Literature Topics
H1/H2 Literature: Literature Features, Text and Context, Language Use, Reading Literature, Poetry, Prose, Drama, The English Renaissance, The Mind and Self in Literature, and many more…
IGCSE Literature Topics
Core/Supplement Literature: Poetry And Prose, Drama, Characters, Relationships, Situations, Themes, Writer’s Intentions And Methods, and many more…
IBDP Literature Topics
HL/SL Literature: Language in Cultural Context, Language and Mass Communication, Literature – Texts and Contexts, Literature – Critical Study, and many more…
Constant Literature ImprovemenT
Skills Taught by MindFlex’s Literature Tutors
Functional And Literary Senses Of English
Making Connections With Literature Texts
Understanding Of Literary Influences And Traditions
Literary Features, Context And Language Use
Informed Personal And Critical Responses
Literature Forms, Structure And Language
Evaluative Comparison Of Literature Texts
Effective Essay Writing
Clear And Coherent Organisation Of Arguments
Time Management And Examination Strategies
Appropriate Use Of Literary Terms In Essays
Usage Of Memorised Literary Knowledge
Hear From Other Parents & Students
Testimonials About Our Literature Home Tuition
I find it difficult to score well in Literature even though I really like the subject. I was quite worried that I might fail or do badly in the subject and risk my chances of entering university. Thank you MindFlex for helping me find a tutor so quickly so that I can focus on the lessons for the few months before A levels. I will definitely recommend your service to my juniors who need help!
Ms Ong Wen Lin, JC2 H2 Literature in English Student
(E to A)
My daughter was quite upset about doing badly for her Literature during the Final Year Examinations. I didn’t want to see her so upset so we decided to find a tutor for her. MindFlex was very detailed in noting down all my requirements and coordinating the arrangements between me and the tutor before we decided to engage Ms Beatrice.
Ms Varsha, Mum of Sec 1 NA Literature in English Student
(C5 to A1)
Thank you MindFlex for helping to connect us with Ms Charlotte for my daughter. She is amazing and always updates both me and my daughter about my daughter’s learning progress. Her encouraging and positive attitude definitely rubbed off my daughter, who had lost hope in scoring well for Literature after consistent Cs and Ds.
Ms Christine Lim, Mum of Sec 4 O Level Literature in English Student
(C6 to A2)
Will recommend MindFlex for their great service and their huge network of tutors. I was amazed to see the list of tutors that matched my criteria for my son’s Combined Humanities. My son has been enjoying the Literature tuition and the tutor has been good so far. We will continue with his lessons next year as well. Thank you MindFlex.
Mr Wilfred, Father of Sec 3 NA Combined Humanities Student
(D7 to B3)
Choosing The Right Literature Home Tutor
Important Qualities to Look For In A Literature Tutor
Familiarity With Literature Texts
- It is important that the Literature Tutor is familiar with the common and popular Literature Texts so that they will be able to guide the students in understanding the contexts and meaning of the passage. Furthermore, if the texts will be tested for the examinations, students will need to have a deep understanding of these texts to do well for the examination.
- During your request for a tutor, MindFlex will ask you for your criteria and requirements before searching for suitable tutors. Do let us know of your requirements and if there are specific Literature texts that you would like the tutor to be familiar with so that we may check with the tutors before proposing these tutors to you.
Ability To Spot Weaknesses And Drill Literary Skills
- To do well in Literature, students will need to have a good grasp of literary skills to apply to the Literature Texts. Hence, it is important that the Literature Tutor you are planning to engage is proficient at drilling foundational literary skills and spotting the student’s weaknesses in the subject. This way, the Literature Tutor can help students to overcome their weaknesses and help them to prepare fully for their Literature examinations.
- MindFlex’s Literature Tutors are experienced and have been teaching a variety of students from different schools. Hence, they are familiar with the common problems and weaknesses that students have regarding Literature, hence making them capable of spotting weaknesses in students’ understanding of Literature. They are also experts in helping their students to overcome these weaknesses within a few Literature tuition lessons, as indicated by their students’ improvement records.
Access To Literature Study Guides And Practices
- The top Literature Tutors will have consolidated their own study guides and notes for the Literature texts so that their students can easily revise for the subject and understand the important things to take note when analysing the text. Furthermore, with their years of experience, these Literature Tutors will also be able to provide practice papers for students to practise and familiarise with the examination format. This way, students can be well-prepared for the Literature examinations.
- MindFlex will help you in your selection of a tutor by indicating in the tutors’ profiles if they are able to provide study materials and resources for the student.
Proficiency In Literature And Capability Of Teaching
- When searching for Literature Tutors, do look out for the tutors’ qualifications and academic achievements in the subject. This will give you a good idea of how proficient the tutor is in Literature and whether they are able to score well under the MOE syllabus. Furthermore, tutors with years of experience in teaching Literature are well-versed in the subject and capable of helping students to improve in Literature.
- In the tutors’ profiles, MindFlex will highlight the qualifications, years of experience and relevant academic achievements so that you may easily pick your ideal Literature Tutor.
Familiarity With The MOE/International Syllabus
- It is important to ensure that the Literature Tutor is well-aware of the Literature Texts, examination formats and literary skills that are covered in the syllabus since there have been numerous changes over the years. Since the tutors are there to help the student in their learning progress, they should not contradict the school syllabus. You can gauge one’s familiarity with the syllabus by looking at the background of the students that they have taught before.
- MindFlex will include tutors’ teaching experiences in the tutors’ profiles so that you may easily gauge if they are familiar with the current syllabus, regardless of whether it is the MOE or international syllabus.
- More information about the Syllabus can be found at these links: O Level Literature, A Level Literature, IGCSE Literature, IBDP Literature
Experience In Teaching Students Of Similar Levels
- When selecting a Literature Tutor, be sure to check if the tutor has experience in teaching students of similar educational levels. Tutors with experience teaching students of similar educational levels would be familiar with the syllabus and the examination styles and questions that have appeared, thus making them better options as tutors for your child’s learning of Literature.
Here at MindFlex, we will only recommend tutors who have experience teaching Literature to other students of similar educational levels or have shown their capability of teaching Literature with their exemplary results in Literature during their schooling days.
Testimonials And Recommendations From Previous Tutees
- The best Literature Tutors in Singapore will naturally have students’ testimonials highlighting their improvements in the subject and strengths of the tutor’s teaching. Through these testimonials, you can also be sure that they are safe to teach your child, which is important since they will be conducting the Literature tuition in your house.
MindFlex understands the concerns of parents in wanting to find trustworthy and capable Literature tutors, hence we will include testimonials and whether the tutors had received good feedback from our clients. This way, you can be sure that the tutor you have selected is safe and capable of teaching Literature.
Making Well-Informed Decisions
Importance of Getting Literature Tuition
Literature is compulsory for Lower Secondary students. Ensuring that they score well in the subject can help them to have more choices for their Subject Combination as they proceed to Upper Secondary.
Students will need to familiarise and understand many Literature Texts, which can be overwhelming. Having an experienced Literature Tutor can help provide students with study guides and teach students to easily understand the literary meaning behind these texts.
Literature is an important subject because it allows students to understand the deeper meanings of written texts and connect with larger ideas in society. Furthermore, students that are proficient in Literature are able to appreciate other cultures and beliefs, which paves the way for them in developing as global citizens.
Engaging Literature tuition will not only hone your understanding of Literature Texts and Literary skills, but also in critical thinking skills. These critical thinking skills can help students to effectively diagnose and solve problems and better express their thoughts and opinions, thus helping them to improve in other subjects as well.
To enter certain degrees in local universities such as Public Policy and Global Affairs and Psychology, you will require a good grade in Literature or in a Humanities subject. Having a Literature Tutor to assist your studying of the subject will surely increase your chances in scoring well for Literature and in your applications to your ideal university course.
Convinient & Accessible Maths Tuition
Literature Tuition Near Me?
Enjoy Literature Tuition at the convenience of your home today. MindFlex provides Literature Home Tuition all across Singapore. Learn in a safe & comfortable environment today with us.
MindFlex – The #1 Literature Home Tuition Agency in Singapore
MindFlex Home Tuition has a huge database of experienced Literature Tutors that have in-depth understanding of Literary skills and Literature Texts. With a range of MOE & NIE Trained teachers, Full-Time Tutors and Part-Time Tutors, you can select your ideal Literature Tutor to help you in the subject. Rest assured that your engaged Literature Tutor is capable of teaching and helping you score As for the subject, just as they had done for their previous students. Request for a Literature Tutor now at MindFlex to witness an improvement in your Literature grades!
As stated by The School Bag, there are several reasons to take up Literature as a subject, such as the appreciation of words and the development of opinions about issues in texts. While it can be a rewarding journey to study the subject, some students may struggle to fully grasp Literary concepts and apply them to the Literature texts that they read. Find the best Literature tuition in Singapore now with MindFlex to ease your learning journey in Literature!
Latest Literature News
Literature Resources From Our Blog
Finding a home tutor? Not sure how to begin? Here are the 5 best advice from an established Singapore tuition agency on selecting the best home tutor!
How do top students in Singapore remember all their content during exams. Here are the Top 5 Memorisation Tips from Private Tutors in Singapore.
8 great reasons why private home tuition is a better option as compared to tuition centres. The answer to a common dilemma faced by Singaporean Parents.